Monday, May 2, 2011

I am a student

And  man-oh-man am I a student right now. Hour upon hour I am clacking away at a keyboard, cranking out 10 page papers like they're nothing. Final exams have really gotten me down lately, and it seems they just keep coming.

I'm only a few days away from the end of my second year at University, and I cannot wait for the finish line. This summer is going to be a ton of fun (finances permitting) and I just can't stay focused on my exams for more than a few minutes at a time.

Within the last week I've had an exam due for my Supreme Court Case-Law class... I've had to speak in front of an audience of hundreds for my public speaking final (Well, essentially a final, it was actually an award I had been nominated for, but didn't get)... I'm almost done with a comparative analysis of Canada v. The USA... Once that's done I've got just one more paper on the Constitution and Criminal due process and I'm home free!

(Courtesy http://www.scishark.com)

Anyway, a little more background on myself and my current college living conditions. I'm living in a three person apartment with my Senior brother and my freshman brother. We all get along very well, and love it up here at college, but just like anyone else right about now, we're ready to just go home!

My next blog post will be less of an introduction and more of an analysis of either a section of one of my "I am..."'s, or an observation of mine in one of those categories.

32 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your blog so far, really hope to see more soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. as weird as this might sound, i actually love uni life hey! constant partying and going out with good mates haha. followed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Law is a scary course, I hope your uni life with all the partying and stuff will be able to help you with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, that's tough. I wish I stayed in school... gonna try going back next semester. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just keep focused now, after that you can relax enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having gone through the whole student thing, I know exactly how you feel. Really enjoyed your writing style and looking forward to hearing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also a student.. Knowledge i POWER

    ReplyDelete
  8. Students unite!...Anyway good luck juggling school with life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel ya brother, my finals crunched down hard me and I was constantly procrastinating. I wish ya the best and persevere, shit is gonna finish fast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you do well in your exams/paper grades and enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most of my time spent doing homework is actually time spent procrastinating not doing homework.

    ReplyDelete
  12. life of a student is hard, good luck with it

    ReplyDelete
  13. You MUST focus. Or that finish line will be pushed further away!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It took me a lot of alcohol to get me through my university haha. Keep up the grades. They can be important.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Next up is I bet your experiences as a dungeon master?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Relax and try not to let things stress you out. Take thing one at a time, and try not to procrastinate and you will be okay. One step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man I know the feeling. I really need to get my butt into gear. I did no work over easter and now I'm really regretting it :/

    Good luck with your last exams!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yeah i remember when i was talking to such a big audience my first time. I almost made in my pants. Anyway good luck education is the most important thing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. good luck with that !

    ReplyDelete
  20. 1st day back for summer term for me tomorrow, two weeks of constant assignments :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Criminal due process, that's good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  22. Would love to hear some of your analysis of the USA vs Canada

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hang in there dude. I'm sure you'll fly by little to no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  24. shaping up to be an interesting blog, keep it going

    ReplyDelete
  25. Final exams are tough. Mine were not kind to me.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Feelin' that final exams hurt here too. Been long enough of a semester, amirite?

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm also a student in the middle of exam period. It sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. you are supposed to get away from your family during college, not live with them

    ReplyDelete
  29. i feel like the pic every time i open a book

    ReplyDelete